Pages

Tuesday 27 August 2019

Pink Plastic: Zachariah Soakai

                      Pink Plastic

Hello my name is Armanielle and I will be talking to you about Pink Plastic and what that means is it is a community for gays lesbians and bisexuals and when my teacher had explained the meaning of it I felt very insecure about it because when I heard her talking to us about it I had assumed it meant Pink plastic bags. 

I assumed that it had been all about pollution and the amount of bags we are using I really thought that it was all about pollution so then when she had told me I was shocked and I was so blank and didn't know what to say to her and so then I questioned her why is the name Pink Plastic she then had told me that it was Pink plastic because it is gender specific and then I had clicked and remembered.  

I then had to figure out what is the definition of gender specific I then had a fair point of it and I thought to myself it means having there own roles and all sorts e.g I think it is about girls and boys having there own specific way of things such as clothes colours categories and the way they act and behave themselves.

This article inspired me a lot because we really don't ever get the chance to talk about these sort of things without getting in trouble by our own community or family and it is important for us to know all these things so we don't have a shock and all of a sudden mock them for who they are and it is good to understand these things so it teaches us to not be judgemental.  

1 comment:

  1. Prejudice and judgmental is something new I have learnt and I really understood what it meant when I read all of your writing and I enjoyed reading this Blog Post :)

    ReplyDelete